Sunday, December 17, 2006

Brains at Last?

It looks like the Pahrump Town Board finally got some brains. Or at least maybe a clue. The two ignorant trolls, Miraliga and Metro, got shot down with their racist pile of crap in tow. I note that Metro when confronted with failure ran away with his tail tucked....or so it seems. I note also some of the other "white faces" went along. According to the report I read.
If these people are so upstanding and right about this issue why did they leave? Is it because they know they were treading on thin ice? I think this is indeed the case.
The immigration issue has allowed people like Miraglia and Metro to spew racist trash without fear of being called "racist". The thing they did not think about was many of the people they are railing against are in fact United States citizens. It seems much of the agenda here was to impinge and accuse all people of Mexican heritage of being somehow criminal. It looks like they got a wake up call. It was about damned time.
I'm going to say this without reservation. I have lived in Pahrump for a long time and I have patronized every Mexican eatery in town. I shop at the Carniceria too. I grew up with this culture and it is not alien to me. If some people find it so then maybe they should find someplace else to call home. IE: if you want to be an ignorant racist go some place else and let us live in peace. I for one don't want to hear the crap that you spew from you ignorant blow hole.

1 comment:

Featheriver said...

I, too, am a resident of Pahrump. I also found Miraglia's effort ill advised and senseless. But now, with the newly constituted town board, that blight is gone.

By the way, welcome to the world of blogging. So far as I know there are now three Pahrump bloggers, Coyote Angry, Nye-Gateway to Nevada's Ruras, and you.

I just added your blog site to my blogroll.

Blogs, to me, is the way for ordinary people to speak their minds, unimpeded. And that's a good thing.