Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Supporting Our Troops

I note from watching the news that our "on top of it" administration has reached a new high in supporting our troops.
It looks like they fired a few people to cover the exposed posteriors that really needed to be burned.
I note that many of the Military leaders we have in charge at this time seem to be better at playing politics than actually serving in the position they have acquired. I guess that keeps the retirement grade bump intact and they can haul ass with a clear (or just sort of clear) conscience. But Goddamn it to Hell.....they support our troops.
And I see that Dick Cheney and George Bush are right there with troop support. Why was Walter Reed Medical Center put on a list for base closing?
I would think that putting a private, for profit, managerial company in charge might be a reason. Just maybe?
I also have to give credit to our wonderful Senate and House for the lovely oversight that allows these wounded troops to have such great care.
Just maybe the Senate and House members in this nation could stop kissing so much ass and sucking so much penis they might actually find a way to perform the duty they were elected to perform. That duty is to care for these people they sent to fight.
They seem to care more about kissing the ass of some non-fighting political dick-sucking Chief-of-This or That than they do about the people who actually do the job.
Oh Hell yeah...Support the troops if you don't you are a terrorist. From what I have seen the Administration and Congress both have failed to support our troops.
The logical conclusion to this is that the Administration and Congress are terrorists. This is from their own rhetoric and according to their own logic.

5 comments:

Featheriver said...

You may be forgetting one other group. The American voter who perpetuates this kind of thing by not making intelligent votes, irrespective of political party.

Frederick said...

write em up, let em know...

Just My Thoughts said...

I did not actually forget the voters in this mess.
My thought was that is another whole can of worms. The sad fact is that many of the people voting have no idea who they are voting for. I note this because every time I go to vote some dumb-ass has to ask for my sample ballot. When I show up at the polling place I know exactly what I want to vote for. If they have spent so little time looking at the sample they recieved that they didn't bring it with them then that seems to show they aren't ready to vote. I also see the people who show up with their sample ballots marked before hand to make it easier for them to vote. At least these people have taken the time to read it.
The other problem with the voting public is that as a group we allow ourselves to be mislead by those hoping to garner our votes. I try to avoid this trap, however sometimes there is limited information to rely on or the "bad" stuff is carefully hidden.
Then there are those who are just so bloody stupid they will vote for anyone that carries their own particular banner....no matter if that person is an idiot or a crook.
I note that the good people of Nevada managed to get both in one package this last election by voting for Jim Gibbons.
It's a very sad fact that many times thes people get what they ask for. For those of us who have live with their bad judgment and wanting something for nothing it gets pretty old and tiring.

cls said...

Good to see you posting again JMT!

Just My Thoughts said...

Thanks cls. I work alot and sometimes I don't have any thing to say that will seem coherent. I do enjoy reading many of the blogs out here though. I like your's as well.